The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been

The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been
Big Sur, California

Monday, August 4, 2008

SUNDAY IN RANCHO SANTA FE, SOLANA BEACH & SEAPORT VILLAGE

8/3/08














Today is Sunday and yes, I did go to church. There is a church out here that I went to with Becky & RuthAnn when they were working as nannies. It is Horizon Christian Fellowship and is totally awesome!!

Pastor Bob Botsford spoke on "Putting on Christ." It was a really good message on how we are not humble, Holy, patient, or meek in and of ourselves, but that is why it is important to live as Christ and to put off ourselves and put Him on. It was really a good sermon. Their website is http://www.horizon.org/

As I walked in they were already singing. I recorded a snippet of video as discreetly as I could when I first walked in.





They have brunch in the courtyard, coffee, fellowship, and tables set up for the high school ministry, singles ministry, marriage retreats, men's ministries, and women's ministries. There is always something going on there. Mercy Me is going to be coming soon for a concert! Wish I could be there!!































After church, I went to the beach of course!! I decided to go to Fletcher Beach. This is where I was stung by the stingray, but I'm conquering my fears, remember? Anyway, I went swimming a little bit, but right in front of the lifeguards and there were lots of other people there too. I think all the noise and activity might have scared away the stingrays. That's what I kept telling myself!! :)










Since I was there last, they have totally redone the area!! The picture of the park-like setting is all new. It used to be just one big parking lot, but is now really beautiful. The only problem is, the parking lot now only holds about 20 cars! So . . . I had to park a little ways down the street.

















Those condos up on the hill are part of Las Brisas condo development. RuthAnn got to live there for 3 months every summer when working as a nanny. I stayed there a few times with her when I was out here on vacation. It was absolutely beautiful!! The condo the nannies got was on the front side directly overlooking the cliff and with an unobstructed ocean view! Only $11,000/month to rent it. Good thing she didn't have to pay for it!! :)


http://www.vacationbeachhomes.com/site/Imagery/PropertyID__12123/page__3/8257/DesktopDefault.aspx?Imagery&PropertyID=12123&page=3&PageID=8257
I put the link for the condo rental on here, but I couldn't resist putting the pictures on here too! It is a beautiful place to stay and every time I was there, I didn't want to leave!!













































I walked down the beach a little ways to get away from where all the swimmers were and also where the people were all camped out. I had to wade through the surf to get to where I was going, but it was well worth it!!







The cliffs are so beautiful! It feels like you are on a deserted island half the time because you are surrounded by cliffs and water and there is hardly anyone around! So nice!!



















































After I left the beach, I went back to my hotel room for a little while and got a nice hot shower so I didn't smell like ocean water and then headed downtown. I went back to Seaport Village for a little while. Its a beautiful place to watch the sunset, let alone all the other things going on there. Take a look at the pictures of the little shops and vendors there.











The Hyatt Regency Hotel! I love that place! So beautiful!!!

Nightfall along the bay











There were some people there with parrots, cockatoos, macaws and other birds. They wanted a donation for pictures and the ability to hold the birds. They were there from a local bird rescue shelter and animal hospital. I love parrots!! Of course I got my picture taken with a macaw! They are so beautiful!!









What a beautiful day!! The weather today was spectacular as usual also!

No comments: