The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been

The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been
Big Sur, California

Sunday, August 3, 2008

SURFERS, SHOPPING, & THE BEST CANDY STORE




8/2/08
This is more video of the surfers in Pacific Beach. I really enjoy watching them especially from the pier where you are right out there with them as they catch the waves!




La Jolla is a truly one-of-a-kind place! I absolutely love it there! There are blocks and blocks of little shops, art galleries, cafes, bistros, restaurants, surf shops, and just about every other thing you can imagine!! At night it really comes alive with lights and crowds of people just having fun, laughing, meeting with friends and enjoying the ocean view.












































~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Powell's Sweet Shoppe in La Jolla is AMAZING!! I could not believe all the obscure, old fashioned and forgotten candies and sodas that they had!! It was unreal!! They even have a few theatre seats in the back and have "Willy Wonka" playing on a TV screen!! I had a lot of fun looking at all the kinds of candy. I only bought a couple things, but could hurt myself in that place if I let me!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~











































One other video that I wanted to add was of the road on the way to La Jolla. I was racing up "The 5" as it is called (The 8, The 805, The 163). Everyone refers to the interstates and highways as "The . . ." I can only imagine saying take "The 77" or "The 62" or "The 71" - Ha, Ha! Sounds funny with those numbers. Anyway, I love the highways out here. Many times there are 5-7 lanes going each way and the view is beautiful (or I think it is). Surrounded by mountains, hills or with views to the valley below or the coastline, you never get bored!!


No comments: