The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been

The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been
Big Sur, California

Friday, July 25, 2008

Baloon Fest & the Jackson-Belden Food Fest!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I was supposed to be at work, but I got off due to low census. Yeah!!! Of course I was on call, but it was so nice to get to go!! They have like 20 different teams that launch a bunch of different baloons and then they have to drop a marker in a certain area in the middle of this field. There is also a 20 foot high pole that has a ribbon on it. If they grab the ribbon, they instantly win $3,000!!! The food fest is situated around the main field and the crowd cheers them on! So fun!!! At night, they have a "baloon glow launch." That is pretty awesome too, but I skipped that this year since I wanted to excape the exiting crowd since I'm on call.

There are some baloons that are funny shapes (animals, Uhaul trucks, rockets, etc.)
This baloon came down really close to the ground in front of me and dropped their game marker right inside the playing area!! The crowd went nuts!!

There were also Parachute jumpers!! So cool! They had streamers and small fireworks that they shot off WHILE they were coming down! Some had bright red smoke streams coming off them too! Very cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ There was a Beatles tribute band playing also. They weren't exactly the Beatles, but it was interesting anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dave. Looks like a good time. I am taking the kids tomorrow and am looking forward to it!

-Jessie