The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been

The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been
Big Sur, California

Monday, July 28, 2008

CHICAGO!!



Chicago!!! Its one of the most unique cities that I've ever been to. I love the big city, riding the trains and the subways, shopping, walking by the lake, etc. There is so much to do there. One of my favorite places is Navy Pier! It is so beautiful there!! Michigan Avenue is great too and has the best shopping ever!! Going to Chinatown is a fun experience too!




Becky & I first went there a few years ago on a whim. I was visiting her when she still lived in Cincinnati and we just decided to go the next morning and then drive back that night! That was a crazy idea and very tiring, but it was so much fun!! Unforgettable!! I've been back a couple times since then, but this May we went there for Rob's graduation. He hot his Master's in Near-Eastern Archaeology and Ancient Languages (or something!!) from Trinity University.







These pics above are from the graduation. Top left clockwise: Rob and his wife Jessica, Rob with mom and dad, Me & Rob, Rob & Becky.
This is Union Station! It was so huge and beautiful!!

It was sooooo windy that we could barely walk around downtown! I don't know what on earth we thought the umbrellas were going to do for us! It certainly didn't stop the rain from getting us wet!! The wind totally turned the umbrellas inside out and we started laughing so hard that we could hardly breathe!!! So funny!


Train wheels! I don't know why, but I just HAD to take a picture of them. They were newly painted and looked so good I thought they were picture-worthy :)


Navy Pier!! I love it there! The Ferris Wheel is not to be missed! The view of the city is gorgeous from up there!!










Well, as you might have guessed, I didn't take the pics of the skyline above as I left my helicopter at home this trip!! :)
But, I had to put some in here to show just how beautiful the city is!!














No comments: