The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been

The most Beautiful Place I've ever Been
Big Sur, California

Sunday, July 27, 2008

HAIL STORM!!


















Okay, so we had a brief, but severe storm yesterday around 5:30pm. It was crazy!! All of the sudden it started hailing! I thought someone was throwing stones at my house so I stepped outside to see who would DARE! At first it was just a few hailstones here and there. Then it all broke loose and just poured rain and hail like mad!! They were the size of a candy "fireball" and they HURT when they hit. I was kind of afraid they would break my windows, but they survived! Thank God for a garage and that my car was inside!! A lot of my friends at work had major damage done to their cars while they were parked in the lot at the hospital :(

The storm did a lot of damage to the trees and to my plants that I have outside. There are big round holes in a lot of the leaves of my tropical plants (see the post a couple back). They don't look so hot right now, but hopefully they will make it!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Dave...found your blod while "blog surfing". we had hail in Salem too...was rather unusual, to say the least.
Enjoyed reading your blog and getting "re-acquainted", after all these years!

Deb T.
Salem

Dave said...

Deb T.
I am sooooo frustrated, 'cause I can't figure out who you are. I think that you are Deb Thomas. That is the only one that I can think of. If so, I can't find your blog if you have one. I would love to e-mail you or find out what you are up to. I saw you at IHC from accross the crowd, but didn't get a chance to say "Hi" E-Mail me at das25@hotmail.com